Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Keyboard shift ctrl and alt are beeing odd possible keylogger

• Please log in to reply

Dahunted

Dahunted

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Basically the problem is my shift and ctrl is not working, and i cant bring task manager up using the ctrl alt delete shortcut though i can right clicking on my start bar.

I cant ctrl c and ctrl v to copy past.

The main problem is i cant use my shift key to do capitals or for example a dollar sign just above 4.

At first i naturally thought my keyboard was broken soo i tried to use my other shift but no luck doing capitals.
Next thing i did was go on my on screen keyboard pressed shift and on the on screen keyboard it activates like ive pressed it but i cant do capitals.

When i press ctrl my on screen keyboard thinks its shift, dont know if that's a normal response just writing what i see.

So then i thought might be a keylogger so i turned my computer off put it on safe mode and scanned with these programmed

Malware bytes
spy bot search and destroy
super anti spyware
antivir
microsoft scanning program fire wall thingy

they picked up the odd cookie and spyware but didnt grab the problem.
So then it accured to me my keyboard setting might of changed languages, i checked and it is in US.
I also havnt got a new keyboard, ive googled but i cant find a similiar problem hoping you guys could help me.
First post forgive me if i have put this in the wrong area or broken and rules, ask if u need it clearer.
Thanks

Advertisements

Dahunted

Dahunted

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have to sleep now and go to work soo i want be able to replay to this for awhile, any help be appreciated