Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sceptre x22 gamer HDMI issue

• Please log in to reply

Battery55

Battery55

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
I have a ATI HD 5770. I also have a Sceptre x22 Gamer monitor with HDMI, VGA, and DVI inputs. I have an HDMI cable connected to it as well as a VGA cable with 2 DVI adapters on the inputs. My DVI mode works. When I switch to HDMI mode, the screen is too big for the monitor. I tried adjusting the aspect in the OSDM and it didn't work. Will the hdmi setting even make my screen look any betteR? If so how can I get the aspect ratio fixed?

Edit: It's actually shifted to the left also.

Edit 2: By the way, I'm using dual monitors. This one is my main display.

Edited by Battery55, 22 January 2010 - 11:29 AM.

Advertisements

Battery55

Battery55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Bump

Battery55

Battery55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Could I use my DVI for the video and my hdmi for the speakers? I'd like to atleast get my speakers to work through the HDMI without having to look at the screwed up resolution that my HDMI input gives me.