Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problem with foxnews videos

• Please log in to reply

wright3279

wright3279

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
I used to be able to watch videos from Foxnews on Firefox or IE. Now they play a few seconds, stop, play some more, etc. I can watch videos ok from other news sites or utube. Only FoxNews. On the Mozilla forum others say WFM. But they also break on IE.
On XP with DSL.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
do you have a lot of other programs running at the same time...if so try closing everything down before watching..
nojoy...

tell us everything you tried to fix the problem and what the results were...

did you add any new hardware or software recently...
get any updates for xp or any software just prior to the problem...
what is the make and model of your computer...
what are your system specs...

can you boot into safe mode...if you can... try system restore
go back at least a week before you started having problems...

wright3279

wright3279

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
HP Compaq DC7100, Pentium 4, 3 GHz, 2.5 GB of RAM
Windows XP on DSL.
Have the latest Windows updates.
I have disabled Weather Watcher and WebShots and AdMuncher and Avast. Doesn't matter.
FoxNews videos still won't play continuously on FF or IE.
Boot up in safe mode: feed breaks every second
Restore point is long gone.
Problem is only on FoxNews

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
go here and test flash and shockwave player...
get a screenshot for me....
if you do not have the latest version it will offer to update you...say yes...
because the Problem is only on FoxNews it may also be your firewall causing the problem

wright3279

wright3279

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Flash, Shockwave current and working. Turn off Firewall, still no go. Maybe it'll fix itself eventually. Something FoxNews did to their videos. Used to be CNN videos that were difficult.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
foxnews will not play videos for me either....tried IE...firefox and chrome

headwayne

headwayne

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
I am still getting some challenges with foxnews videos but their tech folks worked for quite awhile to help me get to this point. apparently, thre are some issues with browsers not wanting to be compatible with them (foxnews) so we were only able to get so far with the solutionss. BUT they will work with you if you contact their tech folks. I would imagine they would welcome G2G's contacting them

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

I am still getting some challenges with foxnews videos but their tech folks worked for quite awhile to help me get to this point. apparently, thre are some issues with browsers not wanting to be compatible with them (foxnews) so we were only able to get so far with the solutionss. BUT they will work with you if you contact their tech folks. I would imagine they would welcome G2G's contacting them

I have no interest in watching anything on foxnews...I only wanted the OP to know that it was on their end (foxnews) and thats all