Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Itunes ERROR Message

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I recently had to send my computer in due to a virus and had everything wiped and reinstalled. I had Itunes Ver. 9 installed. I am getting the folling message when I open Itunes about registry drivers.

The registry settings used by the iTunes drivers for importing and burning CDs and DVDs are missing. This can happen as a result of installing other CD burning software. Please reinstall iTunes.

I uninstalled and reinstalled again and still get this message. Device Manager shows no problems with hardware. Can someone please tell me how I can fix this problem? I have a Dell Inspiron 530 desktop using Windows XP.

I appreciate any assistance anyone can give me.

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
Hey tillville. :)

I would highly recommend you go to the following link and follow Apple's suggestions to fix this problem: