Free help from tech experts
Welcome to Geeks to Go forums. Create a FREE account now to gain access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing topics, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. Best of all, registration and all assistance is 100% free! This message, and all ads will be removed once you sign in.
Create an Account Login to Account

BSoD ending in 07B

• Please log in to reply

satt3r

satt3r

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Recently, I was browsing the web on my pc using Firefox. As I was scrolling down, an ad popped up and firefox crashed. Not quite two minutes later, windows tells me that I have a virus and it needs to shut down, and I get the BSoD ending in 07B. Since then, Ive swapped out hard drive, memory, IDE cables, DVD-RW drive, and video card. Ive reseated my processor and memory numerous times. Ive run the memtest thats on my ubuntu disk. I have even tried flashing my bios. Today, I tried booting my pc from the ubuntu cd, but it recieved an error. Something along the lines of 'cannot locate tty; stopping job'. Have reset cmos as well.
I even recieved the error when I tried booting from my avast! BART cd.
Only thing I can think of is that this might be a problem with my PSU?
Any help would be wonderful.

Similar Topics: BSoD ending in 07B     x

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
0x0000007B: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Windows lost access to the system partition or boot volume during the startup process. Typical causes: Installing incorrect device drivers when installing or upgrading storage adapter hardware, or a virus.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324103

OR it could be this( from PCHell website)

Causes of Unmountable Boot Volume

Many times this error occurs when I have swapped a hard drive and used the wrong IDE cable to connect it. If your computer uses an Ultra Direct Memory Access (UDMA) hard disk controller, and you use a standard 40-wire connector cable to connect the UDMA drive, you may experience this error. Make sure you are using the correct IDE cable.

Also, if your BIOS settings are configured to force the faster UDMA modes, this error may occur. In this situation, restart your computer and enter the BIOS and load the "fail-safe" default settings and reboot.

If neither of these issues are the cause for the Unmountable Boot Volume, then the issue most likely is caused by a damaged BOOT.INI file in the root directory of the boot drive or file system corruption.

Follow the steps below to correct these file system issues:

1) Start your computer with your Windows XP CD-ROM, or with Windows XP boot disks
2) When the Welcome to Setup screen appears, press R to Repair the installation using the Recovery Console
3) If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the Windows installation you want to access
4) Type the administrator password when you are prompted, if no administrator password is set then just press Enter
5) At the command prompt
, type CHKDSK /R and then press Enter
6) Once CHKDSK has finished checking and repairing the hard drive, type EXIT and press Enter to restart your computer

If this procedure does not work, repeat it and use the fixboot command in step 5 instead of the chkdsk /r command. FIXBOOT writes a new partition boot sector to the system partition. The fixboot command is only available when you are using the Recovery Console.

For more information on FIXBOOT, visit the Microsoft Documentation page for FIXBOOT.

http://www.microsoft...t.mspx?mfr=true

SRX660

satt3r

satt3r

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i dont believe a corrupted boot.ini file to be the problem. ive put two hard drives in as singles, that have never had an OS on them, one of which had never been hooked up to the pc before.
could be be the PSU is bad, and when it tries to supply power to the hard drive it fails, causing the blue screen?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured