Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Explorer and Yahoo Messenger Won't Work

• Please log in to reply

jimboa24

jimboa24

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I really can't figure this one out. I'm not sure when it started or what caused it, but for some reason my Yahoo Messenger and Internet Explorer programs will not work, but Firefox and Windows Live messenger work fine. I have two internet connections, a fast connection via the Verizon Wireless 3G internet for playing WoW on and a much slower Satellite connection via Wild Blue. When I'm on my fast internet, everything works fine. But when I switch to my slower internet (because my fast internet has a 5 gig limit), my internet explorer and yahoo messenger won't work, but only those two programs. And by "won't work," I mean they will not connect to anything.

The thing is, they used to work just fine on both connections, but around a week, week and a half ago they stopped. But I haven't made any changes to my system. I've already tried the obvious, such as restarting my computer and resetting internet explorer back to manufacturer settings. But nothing will work, and this is a problem because my slower internet is my primary connection and I need to get Yahoo messenger to work on it.

Can anyone help me?

Edited by jimboa24, 22 January 2010 - 05:48 PM.

Advertisements