Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Xp Login Loop

• Please log in to reply

Joshua Baker

Joshua Baker

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I am working on this computer and as soon as i try to login i get this the desktop wall paper the saving your settings and logging out. I have trued the userinit fix, but no luck. I have tried ctrl + alt + delete thing with no luck other then i get the message that Task manager has been disabled. What should i try next?

Advertisements

mybuddyeric

mybuddyeric

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi Joshua Baker:

If you have the Windows XP installation CD, you could try to repair the Windows installation. Would you be able to tell us of any abnormal behavior before this event occurred? Are you able to boot into safe mode? Post back here and give us some more information please. Thanks!

Joshua Baker

Joshua Baker

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi

So i have a xp installation cd, but i am not sure what repair your refering too, i don't want to lose any programs or data at this point if that makes any difference. So i have tried safemode, same thing.

Joshua Baker

Joshua Baker

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi i got this fixed. turns out i needed to use bart pe and that let me hive/unhive the reg and edit the unerinit and that fixed the boot problem.

Thanks for all concideration

JOshua