I would recommend going here and reporting the problem to AIM:
In the meantime while you wait for their support, I would run SFC to ensure all system files are in place:
1. Go to Start > Run
2. Type in the run box sfc /scannow
3. Press Ok
4. Follow any prompts that may appear
I would also recommend you download and install Revo Uninstaller from my signature.
1. Double click on the Installer
2. Accept the License Agreement
3. Follow the prompts
4. Reboot once it has completed
1. Go to Start
2. Click All Programs
3. Select Revo Uninstaller
4. Once it has finished loading select AIM and any other related programs
5. Click Uninstall
6. Once the uninstallation has been completed, reboot your computer
Then reinstall the latest version of AIM. This will ensure you have a clean install of AIM.
If that doesn't work, then your best shot is the support offered by AIM.