Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

can not get into my computer

• Please log in to reply

meem

meem

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
HI HERE GOES THE OTHER DAY I CHANGED THE ADMINISTRATORS NAME TO MY OWN,NOW I CAN NOT GET PAST THE PAGE THAT SAYS CLICK ON USERS NAME ,BUT HERE IS THE REASON MY NAME DOES NOT COME UP TO CLICK ON.ALL THAT IS ON THE PAGE IS.THE MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP SYMBOL AND TURN OFF COMPUTER IN THE LEFT HAND CORNER.HOW DO I GET PAST THIS PAGE????I AM WORKING OFF MY NOTEBOOK AT THIS TIME.ALSO I AM A 62 YEAR OLD SELF TAUGHT PERSON SO THE EASIEST WAY THE BETTER.THANK YOU MEEM

Advertisements

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts
Hi, Please only use lower case when typing. When you boot up and get
to log on screen, hold Alt + Control + Delete all at the same time,This
should open administrator account then enter password. If you get in you can change your password
under you user name from there.

I hope this works for you.

Dwight

Edited by Dwight, 23 January 2010 - 10:20 AM.

meem

meem

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Thank you Dwight or the answer sorry for the capital lok this notebook is so small and being so frustrated to try to fix this problem i did not give it a thought just hurried.first time with this notebook too.i will try what you said Love healing and peace meemx