Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PCI Express Video Card not viewing...help!

• Please log in to reply

tooney

tooney

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Oh boy am I having some trouble...I have a Jaton Video-PX6000 PCI EXpres card...I installed it fine and I tried connecting monitor into video card but nothings views. Everything powers up even the fan on the video card. I don't know if there is a way to turn ON the pci express slot? or move around some jumpers...on the motherboard (ASUS A8N-E socket 939 for AMD) or...I have no idea....i'd appreciate it if anyone helped...thanks :tazz:

Advertisements

anoobrew

anoobrew

• PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
How old is your moniter?

Connect it then turn on your computer, if nothing happens, its the card or the moniter

future reference: dont buy generic

nixx

nixx

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
alot of the time bios needs to be set to pci-e for it to work.

Nixx

tooney

tooney

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Well, it's a an old Dell 15" monitor...about 4 years old lol...is there like a stream on the motherboard for the video only? Maybe it blew out or something? Is that even possible? Thanks for the feedback guys...

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
I did a search on that video card and got nothing! are you sure thats the make/model?
your board should by default be set to a single video card setting, so it should at least give you standard VGA. you should at least be able to get into BIOS!
more info on your video card, plz.

edit- your monitor wont be causing a problem like this, not for initial power up display, etc.

Edited by audioboy, 18 May 2005 - 11:27 PM.

tooney

tooney

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16814139168

That's the link to where I bought it from...thanks

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
thanx for the link. make sre you are plugged into the correct PCIE slot for single card functionality, and make sure the jumper or switch up in that area is set to single card mode (the default).

are you planning on going for the dual video card thing at some point? that board supports the nvidia linked card thing (SLI), but that card doesnt. your close...that card is a 6600, but the minimum card that supports SLI is a 6600GT.
if your planning on that, your best bet would be to upgrade this card now (assuming you just bought it, so exchange is easy). then you only would need to buy 1 card later, instead of 2.

if not, nevermind!

nixx

nixx

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
i got a 6600GT with 256mb RAM agp for 150 and pci-e for 130 on newegg, major upgrade for just a little extra. hey audio-link me to a duel graphics card hookup thread or somethin wouldja?
btw...is the screen just completely blank or does it show something? try getting a regular pci card from a friend or buy one fo like 20$ and see if that works. if it does...see my last post.

Nixx

tooney

tooney

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Well, the card is in the only PCI Express slot I have...it's in perfectly...and what jumper are you talking about?? naw i'm not planning on duel anyting haha. This is the only card I bought and gonna use, but um...all I see on the screen is black...i still have no idea what the problem is haha...thanks guyys

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
oh wow, my bad! AI was looking at the specs for a different mobo than you have. ignore all that I said about the dual graphics thing :tazz:

just to make sure, you have the card in the PCIEx16 slot right? it would be the first one, below the processor, but above the regular PCI slots.

nixx, what I know about nvidia SLI, I got from mobo manuals and the nvidia website.

Advertisements

nixx

nixx

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
has your comp ever worked before or is this a new build? also try another moniter.

Nixx

tooney

tooney

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
yeah this is a new build...bought mobo, cpu, ram, psu, and vid card at the same time...but i might just exchange the mobo...and buy a piece of [bleep] pic slot video card

audioboy

audioboy

• PipPipPip
  • 857 posts
hey tooney, dont give up hope yet!
I dont know a ton about first power up on a PCIExpress board, so Im gonna ask someone more about it.
stay tuned...

tooney

tooney

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Id' appreciate that bro...thanks...am I suppose to hear a beep when I start up computer anyways?? I don't even hear a beep...

EGRyan

EGRyan

• Pip
  • 5 posts
tooney its not just u, im having the same problem... so im stayin tuned on this thread lol