Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

PCI Express Video Card not viewing...help!

• Please log in to reply

nixx

nixx

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
if you dont have the mb speaker plugged in then you wont hear the beep. what i sayd about the pos pci card is only temporary-if it works, then you know that the display goes to the pci instead of pci-e. then you can go into bios and change it to pci-e so your new card will work. this fix worked for a friend i have so it could be a possability. I also dont know much about pci-e an a mb, but it may not be set to graphics by default.
hope this clarifies things

Nixx

Advertisements

tooney

tooney

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
hahaha, alri ko0...let's get this party started right...LOL

tooney

tooney

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Also..you know what guys...my PSU has a 6 pin pci express connector...but I don't see a connector for it on my board...weird...

nixx

nixx

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
is this what you have? and make sure the accual card itself doesnt need the power. i also found this forum online that pretty much says it all. there is no 6pin on the mb-only on high end cards. hope this works.
:tazz:

Nixx

tooney

tooney

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
wow guess what ghuys...i fixed the problem myself....I had the RAM card in the wrong DIMM slot...HAHAHA It was in the DIMM_A1 slot...and it was suppose to be in the DIMM_B2 slot...wow hey egryan...make sure to check that bro...that might be the problem...[bleep] around with the RAM slots

nixx

nixx

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
good deal! Ram can definantly be a [bleep] at times. :tazz:

Glad you solved the problem!

Nixx

EGRyan

EGRyan

• Pip
  • 5 posts
um, im pretty sure my ram is right... im running a dual kit..... 1 stick in
channel a 0 other in
channel b 0

i took one out so i only had the a 0 one in but it didnt do anything

nixx

nixx

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
yes, duel channel is the way to go, just make sure i you have on in A0 and one in B0, that they are the exact same speed, size, and usually manufacturer. otherwise, put one in A0 and one on A1.

Nixx