Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Itunes error "folder is on locked disk"

• Please log in to reply

snickers

snickers

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
I am getting the following error when I try to download a file from internet onto Itunes:
"The folder itunes is on a locked disk or you do not have permission to this folder".
I just recently reinstalled Windows Vista on my computer, and have now been having this problem. I didn't have the problem before. I did try going to Itunes music folder in C:\Progam Files\Itunes and in C:\Users \Music\Itunes and tried to uncheck properties, attributes, read only, and it seems like it is applying that setting, but when I go back it is rechecked off again. Could someone please help? Thanks.
I have been spending a long time trying to fix this and have had no luck.

Edit: Acutally I just double checked and found that the box for read only is not really checked off, the checkbox is just filled in with a blue square but not an actual checkmark.
So, I don't know if that has anything to do with problem, or what the problem is.

Edited by snickers, 23 January 2010 - 11:51 AM.

Advertisements

Robin Hood

Robin Hood

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts
Hey snickers. :)

Go here for Apple Troubleshooting related to your problem:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1866

Checkout this topic in the Apple Forums if you have no luck with the above:

http://discussions.a...hreadID=1616399

Hopefully that will solve your problem. :)