Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fallout 3 wont work on my laptop

• Please log in to reply

nemesis2010

nemesis2010

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I bought Fallout 3 Game of the year addition for my laptop but it wont play. i've searched for help b4 and couldnt find any help that worked.
my specs on my laptop are as following

Toshiba Satellite P505 Laptop
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20Ghz
6.00 GB Ram
Windows 7 64-bit Operating System
500 GB hardrive

it works fine on my desktop when i tried it and its Windows Vista similar specs but not as good as my laptop and it runs good on my destop. is it because of Windows 7. ive heard that a lot of programs don't work on 7 as good or at all and Vista and XP ran them. plz help.

Advertisements

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
There are several versions of the Satellite P505, but from your description, it sounds like you have the P505-S8980, which has an Intel GMA 4500MHD as the GPU. This chip is not powerful enough to run a graphically demanding game like Fallout 3. You will have to stick with playing it on your desktop.

nemesis2010

nemesis2010

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

There are several versions of the Satellite P505, but from your description, it sounds like you have the P505-S8980, which has an Intel GMA 4500MHD as the GPU. This chip is not powerful enough to run a graphically demanding game like Fallout 3. You will have to stick with playing it on your desktop.

thats what i figured i jst wanted to have it on my laptop so i can take it on the road. ok, i guess its time i upgrade my laptop lol.
do u think a apple notebook will play it?

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
The game will only work on computers running Windows. An Apple notebook will definitely not work.