Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Cannot display video mode" error on loadup.

• Please log in to reply

Everyone82

Everyone82

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
I recently formatted my harddrive using the windows xp home cd that came with my Dell computer. I reinstalled windows and everything was good. I than began the process of running windows updates which seemd fine. The last batch seemed to be noting more than normal security updates, INternet explorer 8, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary. However my Dell monitor now goes to a black screen that says, Cannot display video mode, and then goes to pwer save mode and shuts down. I ahve to turn off the computer to get back on and then do a rollback from safe mode to get it to work again. The dimensions it says that i cannot display are not even the dimensions that my screen is at. I don't get it. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Does the computer work fine in Safe Mode?