Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Trojan virus and inability to download MalwareBytes

• Please log in to reply

Qbert

Qbert

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi,

I have a trojan malware on my computer. Everytime I run Malwarebytes malware removal, I update the latest version and then run a full scan. Each time the scan is completed, I get a message that there is one the trojan. It is called Trojan.FakeAlert

Before I posted this topic, I followed the instructions on your website that can remove some malware. I was following each of the steps. I attempted to reload the Malwarebytes software on my computer. Since I already have that software, I figured it would just make sure I have the current version. Instead of it successfully running, I got a new window open with a message that said:

"An error occurred. Please report the following error code to the Malwarebytes anti-malware support team Error Code: 732 (12007, 0)"

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Qbert

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 23,194 posts
  • MVP
If you already have MBAM just go ahead and run it. It will try to update. I think you needed to uninstall the old version before trying to install a new. If you can't get MBAM to work then go on with any steps you can get to work. The OTL log is our most important tool. It lets us see what is going on.

Ron

Qbert

Qbert

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I will list below the log after I ran mbam. I have repeatedly run mbam and continually get this log. I have shut off my computer afterwards and it doesn't remove the issue.

Again, any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Here is my log reply:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.44
Database version: 3510
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

1/31/2010 9:55:00 PM
mbam-log-2010-01-31 (21-55-00).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 122182
Time elapsed: 6 minute(s), 49 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 1
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\Components\0\friendlyname (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected: