Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Missing iTunes.msi file

• Please log in to reply

Ridsaya

Ridsaya

• Pip
  • 3 posts
It's been over a year and iTunes still wont install or uninstall because there is a file missing. I keep getting a message that says:

"The installation source for this product is not available. Verify that the source exists and that you can access it."

I've tried looking for that file but nothing. I cannot find it anywhere. When I try to install it is says that it needs iTunes.msi or the installation file. I don't know what to do anymore. There is not iTunes.msi file in my computer at all. I hope someone can help me with this!

Advertisements

Kevin Li

Kevin Li

• Pip
  • 4 posts
iTunes.msi is the complete iTunes installation package. Maybe the time you downloaded the iTunes.msi was corrupt and you didn't finish? That would be a reason why it wouldn't open. Try deleting anything related to iTunes and download it again. It would also help if you give us your operating system and processor.

iTunes download link: http://www.apple.com...AINS-itunes.com

:)

Ridsaya

Ridsaya

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I already tried uninstalling it. Do u mean just deleting them from my computer? I'm using Windows XP

Kevin Li

Kevin Li

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Yes, I mean deleting iTunes from your computer and unistalling it. Basically, removing every trace of it. BE SURE NOT TO TOUCH YOUR MUSIC/VIDEOS IF YOU HAVE ANY!!!
Then, download it again, and reinstall it. Put in your music and go from there.

Ridsaya

Ridsaya

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
What about from Add or Remove Programs? iTunes is still in there..... can't uninstall it. That's the only place I can't delete it from.

Kevin Li

Kevin Li

• Pip
  • 4 posts
What does it say when you can't delete it? Any error msg?

xblindx

xblindx

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Try using Revo Uninstaller to remove iTunes.

Jus_Moni

Jus_Moni

• Pip
  • 1 posts

@xblindx U ROCK!!!. Thank you for this post. I am using the oldest computer and software known to man...(Windows XP Professional - SP3) but it works for me. I just couldn't get off the CPU what I wanted off. Thanks to you I got rid of everything that later became a nuisance.

wangliang5

wangliang5

• Pip
  • 7 posts

try to find some tools to uninstall the  iTunes  . such as 

IObit Uninstaller and Revo Uninstaller  then you can reinstall the iTunes to fix your problem 

Edited by wangliang5, 17 May 2016 - 01:41 AM.