Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Red picture

• Please log in to reply

willmon2000

willmon2000

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
Hey all, i have a picture we got sent from Mexico of my grandparents sitting on their balcony. Its great and all but it looks as if a red film was placed over it. I was wondering if any body knew of a free way to clean up the picture or if i should just take it to a studio.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Quickest and easiest way is to scan it into Photoshop or similar, convert to grayscale then print it out on a photo-quality inkjet printer.

starpainters

starpainters

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i have a problem,why it is a image section,but we can not upload pic

Ehsanit

Ehsanit

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
The answer to your question depends on whether the original colour is intact. If there is too much red, but the blue and green sections still show a hint of blue or green then you can probably recover it to real colour. I'm sure that someone here would be willing to do it if you gave us the pic. If it is simply red you may have to be content with grey scale as PhillipCororan says. You can't get colour information back that isn't there.

As to attaching the picture.
Click To use the full editor
Scroll down to the button "click to attach files".
Obvious.
Browse to the file you want to upload.
Click Open
Click Add to post.
If you are following the correct sequence and are still unable to upload it may be that the picture is too large--there is a 100kb limit. You could put it onto an image hosting site and give us the link. Seal-50by50.png