Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Wireless issues

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
I will try explain this to the best of my ability.

To connect my computer to my wireless network, i first need to plug it directly into the ethernet port of my wireless router. After that I am connected, and can unplug the ethernet and go into the other room.

A further problem then occurs that after a while of using the internet. I simply can't use the internet anymore, it says its connected but I can't do anything (using wireless at this time) I cant even ping google.

I have another laptop that doesn't have as much problems but it sometimes does take a while to connect to the wireless internet.

What should/ can I do? It's nothing new but I just can not put up with it any longer. Also having my laptop plugged into the ethernet all the time is not possible.

my wireless router: gigaset se551, and my laptop: hp dv6 - 1240ez running vista home premium sp2 (any other specific questions just ask)