Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Couple of problem that bugs me.

• Please log in to reply

ryde

ryde

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So I'm running Windows XP Professional SP2 on my PC and it has been with me for quite awhile now. Just recently a couple of problems started to surface.

Firstly, when I start up my computer, I always have a need to run Windows Task Manager.
And this is problem my task manager always faces.
Posted Image
I have done the "services.msc - Terminal Services" thing. But the problem is that everytime I restart my computer, the same thing happens again. So I have to keep repeating the same thing everytime. It's really annoying and I hope someone here would have a solution to this problem.

Secondly, my Logitech USB mouse and keyboard stops working randomly. However I think certain programs might have triggered that to happen. For example, I run VLC media player, then my mouse and keyboard would stop working. But my speakers and external hard drive still continue to work. I tried replugging it into another USB port and it seems to work for certain ports randomly. Also when I get it to work, my CPU usage will shoot up to a 100% after awhile. I then realised that it was the usbport.sys thread in the "System" process that is causing it. I tried suspending the process but it just makes my mouse and keyboard stop working again.

Thirdly, this happens rarely but it still very annoying.
Posted Image
When I right click the drop down menu appears, and it gets stuck. And it won't go away no matter how much I refresh or click on other things. So once again I plea for help.

I know it's quite a lot of problems here but if anyone has solutions to my problems, I greatly appreciate your time and effort to try to help me out.
Also, here's a cookie Posted Image

Advertisements