Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

audio output and touchscreen

• Please log in to reply

Iconicmoronic

Iconicmoronic

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
i recently factory restored an HP touchsmart.
There are a few issues on it, but this one started after the reinstallation. The most up to date drivers for the sound max hardware is installed, but windows won't output audio. I checked the volume levels, I reinstalled the driver, deleted it, reinstalled it, updated it.
I checked the Windows Media Player sound levels too, because I've had it where if WMP had its volume at zero, the system sound was at zero too even if you raised the sound level.
No response.
I might also add that I followed the touchscreen help information to get it to work. It makes sounds recognizing touch and if you hit scrolllock 5 times and then touch the screen to move the mouse icon, it goes through the steps to place the icon at the screens center. There is still no response to touch.
The Touchscreen I'm pretty sure needs some kind of service, I'm stumped on the audio output though.
The fact is my 12 year old sister, and her foolish friends, have installed every 'cool' thing they can find on this PC. I know at one point there was more than 179 viruses on this PC. I redid factory install because of it, and once because of a problem with the configuration (people's problem with it that is).
Anyway, I ran root repeal. it doesn't say anything in red so-to-speak. atm I have MSSE on the PC, and it shows no viruses. I just took Norton off, it showed only a cookie that keeps popping up after you use an internet browser.

Any suggestions?

Advertisements

Iconicmoronic

Iconicmoronic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
p.s. if you're wondering how i hear the sounds of the touchscreen now that there is no audio output. you understand my frustrations. i just checked the touchscreen to see if i heard anything though, and now it isn't making noise either, which is at least logical (compared to the history of PC problems).

Edited by Iconicmoronic, 24 January 2010 - 02:13 PM.