Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xp media center/ radeon pci-e 4600/ disables on board sound

• Please log in to reply

Dram Buoy

Dram Buoy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This is the post

http://www.geekstogo...EM-t195178.html

Simply plugging in the PCI-E Radeon 4660 card on a Compaq SR2054X the card disables the Realtek on board sound and shows no audio devices in sound in control panel, reloading the updated realtek high definition drivers drivers brings up a window requiring Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture High definition Audio bus drivers, download and restart and reload results in the same. Have fresh xp pro on another disk with the same result, pull out the card and the sound works, I am trying to load a Delta audiophile and cakewalk sonar which neither support media center, I want xp pro to be separate and dedicated as a DAW

I am two weeks now and having exhausted every possible permutation and configuration I can imagine Help me please I am tired

I have had the card up and running HDMI/DVI and sound to a HDTV but only sound through the rear outputs on the card and no other choices in Sound/Control panel

Keeping track of two keyboards and two mice as I attempted this has caused nervous system to tweak and now I may be a truly twisted person and need help. I am about to give this up...

Edited by Dram Buoy, 24 January 2010 - 08:48 PM.

Advertisements