Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help: TOSHIBA Laptop AC Power Problem

• Please log in to reply

mjv316

mjv316

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello everyone... I hope someone can help me in fixing this power issue problem in my Toshiba Equium A200 laptop. I have been searching every technical forum about this problem and I've seen many people having this kind of problem -- mostly toshiba laptops. However, none of them got this problem fixed or no one gave a good solution to this power issue. Well, here is the problem:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since 2 months ago, my Toshiba Equium A200 suddenly freezes when AC power is plugged-in. When the laptop is in battery mode (meaning the AC power is unplugged), the laptop works fine and there are no problems within it. However, as Engineering student, I can't just work for few hours and recharge again the battery. I always work with my laptop for more than 3 straight hours. The lifespan of my battery is only 1 - 1.5 hours. To be more precise, sometimes my laptop won't boot at all when connected to an AC power. So what I did is to put the laptop in battery mode first and when it reached windows, I then connect the AC power. However, after few seconds, the laptop freezes and I cannot move the mouse anymore and I'll end up unsafely turning off my laptop.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have already made many attempts to fix my laptop: do a memory test, hard disk test, disable dual core, have a new AC adapter, set frequency mode to always low. I already brought my laptop to the nearest Toshiba service center however, they told me that they'll replace the motherboard which will cost me about $500.00. Well, I do not have that amount of money for now and I am always hoping and praying that there will be a solution other than replacing the motherboard. Also, It would be ok for me if someone can tell me if there is a Toshiba battery (or alternative) that can give more than 3 hour lifespan.

This is my final year in my Electrical Eng'g course and I am on the process of finishing my thesis and I can't work effectively with my laptop having this power issue. I am hoping that someone having this kind of problem was able to fix the problem and willing to share their solution. Also, as an Electrical Engineering student, I have some background in fixing electrical hardware. So I am ready to do something with the laptop's hardware as long as that will be surely the solution to this problem.. Thank you very much..

mark j.

Advertisements