Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Burning Programs to CD

• Please log in to reply

stacybeck

stacybeck

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
<_<

I have several programs which I have downloaded from the internet. I would like to burn them to a CD so that I can put them on another computer. Every time I burn a cd, all it burns is the shortcut.
Please help...I don't know what I am doing wrong.
Thanks

Advertisements

Hemal

Hemal

Founding Fart

• Technician
  • 1,470 posts
when u select a file to burn, try getting the entire folder rather then the icon, if you move the folder, you can look for the setup folder in the cd and install the program to another computer

stacybeck

stacybeck

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
I have tried to move an entire folder (or what I thought was an entire folder) For instance I was trying to burn Dreamweaver and when I moved the folder it said it was only like 6MB. I think this program in it's entirety must be larger than that if something like AdAware is like 2MB. What am I missing here? Where do I locate the entire folder of a particular program?

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
Look for an .exe file of zipped file. Also, i believe it is illegal to download dreamweaver unless you have a license for it. If i could close this topic i would.

stacybeck

stacybeck

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
I do have a license for Dreamweaver...I don't understand...why do you want to close this topic, is there something I did wrong, if I did, please tell me how to close the topic and I will.

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
hey stacybeck,
sorry for the confusing. we dont like to talk about illegal activity on the forums and thought you had downloaded dreamweaver off a p2p or ftp program.

ditto

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
what she did was down load the program off the web at a 30 day free use they have then you can buy a license online I look at this program too and down loaded it for the 30day free use. if you go to where you down loaded the file and copy that to the cd it will be a zipped file I do not remmber if its a zipped exe file or you may need winzip to unzip it.
<_<

stacybeck

stacybeck

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
So...now I want to keep a copy on a cd in case my computer crashes.
How do I do this?

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
when you downloaded the file, what extention was it. By this i mean was it .zip, .tar, .rar, or .exe? Also, what cd burning software do you have on your computer?

stacybeck

stacybeck

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Dont remember what file extension Using Nero 6 burning software