Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Server 2003 drops internet

• Please log in to reply

alexhutch101

alexhutch101

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I set up server 2003 as a domain controller, earlier it was connected to the internet just fine, through a router as that resolved an different issue. I had just connected my other machine a Vista computer to its private network and that too could see the internet just fine, then just after I attempted to connect that to the servers domain, I got the error message cannot connect to controller and then the following happened;

1)The Vista Machine no longer connected to the internet. Though it could ping the server.
2) The server on a different NIC could ping the router but would not bring up the config page for it and would not connect to the internet.

After a while I reconnected the Vista machine directly to the router and then it connected to the internet just fine. Though the server 2003 machine can not. I have not added any new software to it except Bit defender as it was the only tool I could find to run on 2003 for free. Though I can't see anything obvious in its controls which could be blocking connections. Any ideas?

Advertisements