Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unusual problem burning CD's with my new burner

• Please log in to reply

JTN734

JTN734

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

My old CD/DVD burner that came on with my computer had the tray break. I ordered a new one,(a Liteon iHAP422) took the old one out, put the new one in, and started the computer. It reads disks fine, and will burn a CD, but not one that will work in my car, but works fine in my Playstation. I have never had a problem burning the same types of CD's(Memorex CD-R) to work in my car with my old burner.

I can't figure out the problem. Its got the most up to date Firmware from Liteon and everything. The CD's sometimes start to play for like a second in my car, and then they start skipping before locking up. Liteon can't tell me nothing to help me out other than to try and return it, but if its defective why would it read, and burn disks to begin with? I'm not the most computer literate person.

I've always burn't CD's with the latest Media Player.

My old burner was a Hitachi-LG burner.

Hope I posted this in the right section.

Thanks for any help,

Jesse

Edited by JTN734, 25 January 2010 - 06:35 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Some CD players are stricter than others and not all homeburnt CDs will play in all CD players.
Technically speaking a homeburnt music CD is not a "proper" music CD compared to a professionally pressed CD and some players just don't want to know.

This might be of interest:
http://www.cdrfaq.org/faq04.html#S4-23

Edited by Neil Jones, 26 January 2010 - 03:19 AM.