Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

JPG File trouble

• Please log in to reply

lee.sl123

lee.sl123

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi there im new to Geeks to go! and have just introduced myself in the introduction section. Any help would be appreciated. I'm currently setting up a directory with links to verious different websites. I wanted to use the websites homepage as a picture on my website but dont know how to convert it to a JPG file. Sorry if this has already come up I have had a look to no avail. Any info is better than none!! Thanks all

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
What format are those images in now?

lee.sl123

lee.sl123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hi Broni cheers for the reply,

im not to sure they are an image file,im not that great with computers! The only way i can explain is if you went to the home page of any website, how would you turn wot you see into a JPG image File? sorry if im not making much sence! I will attach an example which may make more sence. Thanks anyway

lee.sl123

Attached Thumbnails

• _.jpg

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
I know what you're saying now.
You have to be careful with using someone's images on your website. Some of them may be copyrighted.
You may need to ask website owner, or use some website, where the images are clearly free to download.

Right click on any image and click "Save image As" (Firefox), or "Save Picture as" (IE).

If you want convert downloaded image to some other format, use free Irfanview: http://www.irfanview.com/

lee.sl123

lee.sl123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
cheers broni yeah they've already agreed to me using there images. U've been a massive help.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
You're very welcome :)