Sorry, I must have missed that.
You may want to consider running Malwarebytes on the computer to check for any kind of spyware infection. Scan for Spyware/Adware Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Download Free Version
Why? Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
is very good at removing the zlob trojan, virtumonde, and most other current infections. This single tool has replaced multiple tools that have been required in the past.
- 1. Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. At the end, confirm a check mark is placed next to the following:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- 2. At the end, confirm a check mark is placed next to the following:
- 3. Then click Finish.
- 4. If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- 5. Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
- 6. When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
- 7. Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- 8. When completed, a log will open in Notepad. The rogue application should now be gone.
Some infections will prevent MBAM
from running. If MBAM
won't run, try renaming the file mbam-setup.exe
to a random name, and then try again.Note:
Reinstall MBAM if you installed and ran a scan in safe mode. Doing this is usually not advised as MBAM is designed to be at full power when running in normal mode and loses some effectiveness for detection & removal when used in safe mode. Therefore, after completing a scan it is recommended to uninstall MBAM, then reinstall it in normal mode and perform another Quick Scan.
Post that log for review. When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs
tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
The process of cleaning your computer may require you to temporarily disable some security programs. If you are using SpyBot Search and Destroy, please refer to Note 2 at the bottom of this page.
-- MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes (like Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere with the fix or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please disable such programs until disinfection is complete or permit them to allow the changes. Spybot Search & Destroy TeaTimer
There are two ways to disable TeaTimer1)
- Launch Spybot Search & Destroy
- In the Menu, Select Mode and choose Advanced Mode
- Click Yes in the confirmation dialogue box
- click on Tools to expand the menu. Make sure that Resident is checked and then click Resident in the left pane.
- In the right pane uncheck Resident "Tea timer" (Protection of over-all system settings) to disable it.
- Uncheck the TeaTimer box and OK any prompts.
- If Teatimer gives you a warning that changes were made, click the "Allow Change" box when prompted.
- Exit Spybot S&D when done.
- (Once you are clean, you can re-enable Teatimer using the same steps but this time place a check next to "Resident TeaTimer" and check the "TeaTimer" box in System Startup.]
- Right click the TeaTimer icon in the system Tray
- Then click Exit Spybot-S&D Resident
- (One you are clean you can restart TeaTimer by going to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy, and double clicking on TeaTimer.exe