Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2003 auto deletes

• Please log in to reply

RjBass

RjBass

• PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Well this is a new issues for me. Just when I thought I had Outlook 03 all figured out, it throws me a curve ball. For some reason my Outlook auto deletes files from my inbox and moves them to the deleted items folder. I have already double checked all the rules and message filters and can't seem to figure out why this is happening. I am going to do a Detect and Repair, but in all likelihood that won't fix the problem (as it rarely does), so would any of you have any suggestions for me?

Advertisements

RjBass

RjBass

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
Well after two days I finally figured out what the issue was. Since there were no replies to the this thread I thought I should share it with you.

Along with my Outlook 03 I also have a Win Mobile 6.5 device with Outlook Mobile on it. Both my phone and my desktop connect to the same POP server to retrieve emails. When I would plug in my phone to sync up with my Outlook for the Calendar and other items, it would auto delete the files from my desktop Inbox to the Deleted item folder as that is what I had done on my phone.

To fix the issue, I changed my Sync options so that I am now only sharing my calendar, contacts, and media between devices.

So far it seems to be working.