Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Itunes won't allow me to create a account.

• Please log in to reply

Michael laguna

Michael laguna

• Pip
  • 5 posts
i recently received an 8gb ipod touch as a Christmas present. After i while of playing with it i decided to go on to the itunes store and download some free applications for my ipod. I opened up itunes and went to the store which loaded and worked fine.
After searching through the apps i found one that i would like to download. I clicked download and up came a window saying i need to sign in or create a itunes account in order to download from the itunes store. I clicked the option create a new account and itunes began to load. The problem is the nothing happens after this, itunes will just appear to load for ages with no new page opening. I also clicked sign in and it did exactly the same thing. Everything else in the itunes store works fine i can browse albums and apps, but when i go to sign in or create an account it wont load. i tried running diagnostics on itunes and it said the internet connection was up, but the it did fail to obtain a secure network connection.

Does anyone know what the problem is or how to solve it. Any help much appreciated.

Advertisements

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Hello Michael,

What type of internet connection do you have/use? Sometimes the servers are just extremely busy and you have to wait a while...

-Jason

Michael laguna

Michael laguna

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i use an adsl internet connection, but this problem occurs all the time, so i dont think its the server

OpenOutcome

OpenOutcome

• PipPipPip
  • 640 posts
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Itunes?