Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 95

• Please log in to reply

pcspike

pcspike

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Just inherited a second PC which has a dual boot setup with XP pro installed and windows 98. As I have a Windows95 application that I would like to use again, I intend replacing Win98 with Win95. Does anyone know if doing this is straight forward, or can I expect some problems? :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Most applications that state "Windows 95" will work quite happily in Windows 98 and the vast majority will work also in XP.
What is your application?

pcspike

pcspike

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,
I want to run Windows CE2 for use with the Philips Velo

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Take a look at this site HERE for compatibility OS's.

pcspike

pcspike

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for that. I did try the CE2 with Win98, but got an error message stating that the software was not compatible. Just tried CE1 after receiving your post, and that works ok! Anyone any idea what adjustments that I need to do to get it to work?

Re the Win95 issue. Decided to leave the dual boot alone, and installed to a spare drive. Ended up with a lot of problems to do with memory, and tried all the MS ‘workaround’ options, but no success. Anyway, now I’m up and running on 98 don’t suppose it really matters.