Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Proxy servers

• Please log in to reply

thedog2009

thedog2009

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi.. I got banned from a website earlier when letting my brother go onto a chatroom I frequent. My brother had his own username and got banned for being an idiot. Now I have been blocked from even GETTING ON the site. It will not load at all.

I went to a proxy server and was able to get on that way immediately and log in under my own screenname as far as to check my emails, but as far as the chatroom part, when I tried to log on to that it would not allow me to do it. I really don't know much about all of that stuff, I guess they've blocked proxy servers from accessing the chat, or something, on that website? I have no idea. And no the website is not performing maintenance on the chatroom, 3 of my friends who frequent the chat have told me on yahoo messenger that they are in the chatroom with no problems. The chat won't even load for me, it just shows the chat screen blank and won't let me enter a room.

How can I fix this?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This is an issue you will need to take up with the site in question. Not a lot anybody can really do if you get banned in whatever way from a website.