Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wandering thoughts

• Please log in to reply

mybuddyeric

mybuddyeric

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Has the human brain's capacity for reasoning, processing and storage ever been quantified as computers are measured?
If so, what do you think are the "specs" of a human with an average IQ (100)? What do you think your own specs are? :)

Advertisements

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts

What do you think your own specs are? :)

Pure, complete, utter, majestic, diabolical, appalling, appealing, amazing, wonderful, incomprehensible, enigmatic, godly, deity-like, powerful, mighty, beautiful, adorable, monstrous, delicious, Oh-It's SO GOOD, sparkling, blinding, like totally cool, elegant, glamorous, gleaming, gorgeous, graceful, grotesque, handsome, magnificent, immaculate, enchanting, vivacious, deafening, TORRENTIAL EXPLOSIVE COLOSSAL RIPPING BLAST OF PURE AWESOMENESS!!!

Edit: And that is just the intro...I also forgot to add meek, humble etc in there

Edited by Cold Titanium, 28 January 2010 - 09:34 PM.

citadel77

citadel77

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
Actually I believe I heard some where the brain (average) had the memory capacity compared to a terabyte worth of space. Now adding in the CPU I wouldn't be able to say because I don't know what makes a good CPU good lol sorry. But theres my input for ya :)

crooz

crooz

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Current estimates of brain capacity range from 1 to 1000 terabytes!

GoTo: http://answers.googl...dview?id=525801

:)

citadel77

citadel77

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
nice info cooz, i was way off huh, at least i got the terabyte part right :)
that's amazing though, now if we could find a way to harness all of the storage capacity of our brains

crooz

crooz

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts

...now if we could find a way to harness all of the storage capacity of our brains

...if we could that, then I don't think we'd be living on this planet anymore. :)

imafool4u

imafool4u

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
You would have to have something that could either measure brainwave usage, voltage, etc. to get half the specs, another instrument to measure the quality and/or aestheticity and/or rationality of the thought process.

Compared to a Computer:

CPU / BUS (brain) Voltage
CPU (brain) Usage % of overall computer
CPU (brain) Usage % of each program (different thought projects)
Commit Charge (distractiveness)
Process List (what we're thinking about)
etc.

Haha :)