Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Mouse & sound freezes often

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My mouse(also touchpad) and sound is freezing every 5 minutes or so.. I have the same problem you can see in video. Anyone got any suggestions? I have all drivers up to date.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
The freezing indicate to overloading of the system. This can be due to insufficiant memory, hard disk which is too full, low performance system, Malware, software corruption etc. etc.

Start with writing down the make and model of the computer. Click My COmputer and write-click local disc C > Properties. Write down the total volume of the hard disk and how much free space is available. If you have more then one local disk please report all of them.

Open Task manager > performance. Under Physical Memory write down Total and Available.

Run a full scan of your system with your antivirus. Also download and run a full scan with Malwarebytes or Superantispyware. Please report the results. If malware is discovered then you will have to start in the malware forum.