Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

stop: c000021a shutting down problem

• Please log in to reply

xpdisasters1010

xpdisasters1010

• Pip
  • 5 posts
MY XP When after sign shuting down comes up with blue screen with the message:

STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of
0x00000000 (0x00000000 0x00000000).
The system has been shut down.
seriously annoying i have to use the power slide button to turn it off

My computer is an ibm thinkpad 390E with a celeron 400mhz processer 256mb ram
running XP Professional 2000 SP3 but its my fault cause oneday i accessed Safe Mode with command prompt openned explorer.exe when it was not normal safemode and shut it down thats when it started the error

i should have shut it down with the command shutdown -s

Advertisements

xpdisasters1010

xpdisasters1010

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
im going to try the fixboot command cause its not a problem with csrss or winlogin cause ive replaced them with decompressed versions ive got a sp3 iso ive got Daemon Tools LITE and ive got Winrar to decompress the csrss.ex_ file and the winlogin.ex_ file ive got the old files renamed like this winlogin.exe.bak and csrss.exe.bak and i was in safe mode everything runs fine so im going to delete the bak files

rdnk71

rdnk71

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
If you have your windows CD, you can run the windows cd and when it starts up you cna choose the recovery console. It will ask you to login to windows if you have a password. then you can run the command chkdsk /f this should check the drive for any errors and fix them.

Rdnk71

xpdisasters1010

xpdisasters1010

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
nah im going to do the fixboot i told you its not a Disk problem its something wrong with the boot sector and my windows cd is at my work once i get it ill try fixboot first in recovery console then if that doesnt work ill use your suggestion ok thanks

xpdisasters1010

xpdisasters1010

xpdisasters1010

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
thanks it found one error but it wasnt the shutdown error

I NEED HELP