Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Second build need advice

• Please log in to reply

bishop17

bishop17

• Pip
  • 3 posts
This is my second pc build and I am in the process of getting my harware together, this is what I have planned.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83ghz cpu
Intel BoxDP45SG LGA775 Intel 45 ATX mobo
OCZ Platinum 4GB (2x2GB) 240 pin DDR3 SDRAM 1333 memory
EVGA 896-P3-1255-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0x16 HDCP ready Sli video card
Western Digital Caviar Black WD 1001FALS 1TB 7200 rpm SATA 3.0 Gb/s 3.5" hard drive
Sony Optiarc 24x dvd/cd SATA Rewritable Drive
Apevia Iceberg ATX-IB 680watt ATX 12v/EPS 12v SLI ready power supply
WIndows 7 64-bit Extreme Version OS
3x120mm led fans
12" dual uv cold cathode lighting kit
Apevia X-Cruiser 2 green Mid Tower ATX Case WIth window, USB and Firewire connection

My biggest concern is the PSU, remember I am trying to go for form and function with this build.
I want it to perfom as good as it looks. I have read many reviews on the PSU they seem to go both ways, so I just wanted an opinion as to whether it can handle the load I am going to put on it without frying the rest of my system?

Advertisements

dnaghitorabi

dnaghitorabi

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Why are you getting a Core 2 Quad instead of a Core i5 or i7?

bishop17

bishop17

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes I prefer it because I have an older 2.4ghz quad and it performs great I see no reason to spend the extra cash if I like the way it runs.