Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I need help matching power adapter to external HD enclosure

• Please log in to reply

adifrank

adifrank

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Hi.
I have a black 3.5" ICY BOX IB-351StUS-B External Hard Disk Enclosure. It comes with an AC power adapter. The problem is... I have a pile of power adapters of different kinds and I don't remember which one came with the ICY BOX enclosure.

I looked all over the enclosure, inside and out, to find some kind of indication as to what voltage it requires... but found nothing. There's only the small hole with the pin inside it and it says "DC IN".

I found a 12V adapter which I somehow suspect is the one - but when googling my ICY BOX model I came up with specs and photos showing an adaptor (voltage not specified) that looks different from the one I have. In the photos it comes as two parts - 1. cable to AC 2. transformer box with cable to encloser.

I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to electronics and stuff... so I need help here. Don't wanna blow up my hard disk... :/

Thanks!

Edited by adifrank, 29 January 2010 - 11:08 AM.

Advertisements

adifrank

adifrank

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
PROBLEM SOLVED

found this post on some forum
http://forums.anandt...d.php?t=2036466

Edited by adifrank, 29 January 2010 - 11:07 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I'm glad to see you resolved the issue. Congratulations and let us know if we can help in the future.