Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Antivirus Vista 2010 help please

• Please log in to reply

Alexm89

Alexm89

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Was just sitting on my laptop when this window popped up, after googling for a bit found out that it's malware.

I tried installing malwarebytes, but whenever I try to run the installation it just makes the virus pop up again, same with spybot S&D. The malware shows up as process av.exe in task manager. I downloaded Hijack this, and it will let me run it, but it won't let me save a logfile, or "run as administrator" to be able to save a log file.

Help Please!

EDIT:

It will now no longer let me run Mozilla Firefox or Internet explorer. In order to get on the internet I have to go to Run -> www.google.ca

EDIT:

It won't let me run Accessories -> System Files -> System Restore either...

EDIT:

Managed to run System Restore, but then it popped up after restarting and said "An unspecified error occurred and system was unable to restore" and then like 1000 copies of av.exe started running.

I looked up the "manual removal" of the malware by searching registry+system32+other files but couldn't find any.

Edited by Alexm89, 29 January 2010 - 08:51 AM.

Advertisements