Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HTML free website builder

• Please log in to reply

Staci Garrison

Staci Garrison

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Does anyone know of a software program that I can buy that is HTML free :) (have yet to learn how to do that, let alone understand it) :)

I did have CuteSite Builder long ago and read up where it does not work for Vista :) . But I am wanting to build my own website blog page(s)

Any idea anyone? :)

Thanks in advance,

Staci ;)

Advertisements

TeachPower

TeachPower

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
Staci,

I don't know if this will help you any, but I learned by playing around with FrontPage 98 then migrated to 2003 a couple of years ago. I didn't know much about html at the beginning but I ended up getting familiar with it by playing around and making web pages. You can't help but see the html and eventually you will come to understand it at least. So I suggest get FrontPage because it is user friendly and forgiving.

I hope that helps some :)

Staci Garrison

Staci Garrison

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks Teach,

But after checking into this I found from http://office.micros...0743231033.aspx (What happened to FrontPage?
After nine years of being an award-winning Web authoring tool, FrontPage will be discontinued in late 2006.)

But thanks for your help :)

TeachPower

TeachPower

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
I usually keep up with the latest going on in the tech world. I guess I missed that one :)

Here's an article that I scraped up that makes me feel a whole lot better because Web Expressions is FrontPage in a new skin according to this article:
http://labnol.blogsp...-frontpage.html

So I guess my next purchase will be Web Expressions and I guess then I am still pointing you in the same direction just a different street :)

TheBug

TheBug

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Staci, you said you want to build blog pages. Most of the blogs (like blogger.com) use CMS (content management software) where you do not have to install a software on your computer. It is like posting a post here on GeekstoGo.

If you are not using a blog from a blog site like blogspot etc, then I guess you have your own web site. In that case, you can ask your admin to install a CMS like WordPress for you on the server. Most web host providers have it ready to be used.