Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I Really Need Help With AVAST !

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

simplee55

simplee55

• PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Hello rshaffer61:

I just posted in the Virus Forum that a Virus was found. Because it's getting later here, I will touch basis with you sometimes tomorrow afternoon.

I'm going to attach a SNAPSHOT to this post so you can see what it is telling me, but the SCAN is only 5% completed, so I take it still has a ways to go before it's finished.

I know I will need your help on how to read any Virus Reports that it kicks out.

If you can help in any way, it will be greatly appreciated.

Oh, sorry about the other in the background, as you can see, I was type this post when the Warning came up for the 2nd time.

simplee

Here is the finished SCAN results.

Edited by simplee55, 29 January 2010 - 01:24 AM.

Advertisements

jgrobs

jgrobs

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
hi Simplee55
First, follow the instructions Here and if necessary, post the resulting logs in in your topic in the removal forum. A member of the Malware Removal Staff will help you there.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
Hello jgrobs:

Thanks 4 your help.

2 things. I posted here for help because rshaffer61 and 123Runner have been the two Techs that know me and have helped me with passed problems, they are the ones that walk me through anything too difficult to handle.

I wanted them to see the latest thing I was facing, because I trust them totally and;

I did open up a NEW topic in the Malware forum for help.

I went to the Malware Self Help page and did the 1st 2 steps of Running ERUNT to backup my Registry and
Ran the Mawarebytes' Anti-Malware Program with the Results attached.

Thanks once again for your help !!!

simplee

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hi Simplee and yep I would suggest going through the Malware Forum again to make sure. We are not allowed to assist in any way with malware and can only direct you to them. Sorry but i can't be of any other help then this. Good luck :)

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer61:

I know, just wanted you to be aware just in case there would be something else that you could assist me with regarding this issue.

Also, because your familiar with AVAST, I put the infection in the Vault, should I just DELETE them or just leave them where they are ??? And by deleting them, could that cause them to spread.

Thanks !!!

Edited by simplee55, 29 January 2010 - 06:52 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I never vault so ok to delete and no it won't spread.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
rshaffer61:

You have to forgive me, I've been up all night and just not thinking right, but should I do a FULL run of my Ad-Aware Program in light of these infections, or is it necessary ???

Thanks !!!

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Go through the malware tutorial and run the suggested programs as this may make sure you are clean. If after doing that you still want to make sure just start a topic in the malware forum with a title like Need a Checkup and post the required logs. They will make sure you are clean and healthy.

simplee55

simplee55

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 539 posts
I ran the TFC.exe and AFT Programs 1st.

Than I ran only two (2) of the checkups, the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and ERUNT, I can't remember which one of those Logs I posted.

I didn't do the others because no one has answered my Post yet, so was waiting to hear from someone to see what they suggested.

I will do what you said though ...

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please follow rshaffers instructions, they are pretty clear

DO NOT run avast or ad-aware scans, do not quarantine or delete anything, you will only make our life tougher.

Posting in bold is an eye sore too and a lot of people wont read it as a result. Please post normally.

Going to close this thread, I suggest you follow the steps that have already been posted many times.