Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

wireless not working-Norton problems?

• Please log in to reply

lucille123

lucille123

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Hi,

I have a Toshiba laptop that had the pre installed Norton. I don't know what version it was, but when I first got the laptop I uninstalled it incorrectly through the program features on the ocntrol panel. I don't know what version I had.

I have contacted customer support through netgear and toshiba. Toshiba thinks it is a Norton issue. I have tried the download uninstall tool twice.

After between 10-30 minutes of being online wirelessly I get booted off. The signal always remains excellent.

Any ideas on what to do from here?

Thanks!

Lisa

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Have you run and downloaded Symantec's own removal tool for Norton software from here (it's only a small file)?:

Ignore 'Step 1' which deals with how to re-install it, 'cos you don't want to do that.

Just go to 'Step 2' and click the orange Download button.

Double-click the downloaded file and it will run.

http://www.symantec....0080828154508EN

lucille123

lucille123

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Yes, I have run the removal tool a few times with no success. Someone had mentioned an additional tool called mscicleanup or something like that, but so far I haven't been able to locate an executable file.

Thanks!

Lisa :)