Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Email, attachments not going!

• Please log in to reply

Ross Prideaux

Ross Prideaux

• Pip
  • 1 posts
MIcrosoft Outloook - Email- Can send test pages but when send with attachment not returned or delivered. Have checked settings and all seems to be working ok.
when I send new e-mail with an attachment nothing goes whatever the size, not held up in outbox just appears in Sent but not arrives.!!!

please help as my business is Energy Assessments I need to download, and send off to clients when complete But Cannot!

Thankyou in advance.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Well they are definitely leaving your PC, otherwise they would remain in your 'outbox' and not have copies in the 'sent' folder. The problem seems to be with your email provider's mail servers. You should contact them as I don't think it's a problem with your email client or your PC.

dickblakemore

dickblakemore

• Pip
  • 6 posts
The problem revolves around the new(ish) system that Microsoft have brought in called TNEF, which effectively wraps up all attachments in a protective cover called winmail.dat. Microsoft's newer program can deal with this but older programs cannot. If you are running Windows XP with SP2 it seems that you are vulnerable. This is the problem which I am currently struggling with as the sender of e-mails using Outlook 2007 and although I cannot be sure that I have the answer, it seems that the receiver installing Windows XP SP3 may do the trick. There are apparently some conversion programs available from Microsoft which will solve the problem.
Sorry not to have the clear-cut definitive answer as yet but I thought you might appreciate my experience so far.

Dick Blakemore