Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Upgrading case or GPU of Acer Aspire x3810

• Please log in to reply

Beta55

Beta55

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
http://www.gadgetfol...i-pc-specs.html
As you can see it has a low profile case.
At the moment I can only fit small graphics cards into it, so basically how "tall" the gpu can be is cut in half since the wideness of the case is so small, as you can see just looking at the front. I deduced this by trying to fit my geforce 6200 into it, didn't fit because its too tall.

I was wondering if you guys could give me some links of some relatively powerful GPU's that would fit into my case, if you can't find anything higher than a 9800 then don't bother, I want to be able to play Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield 3 on all high.

So if thats the case, then I'm wondering if anybody here could help me find out my motherboard size? Because I don't want to buy a new case and than find out my MB wont even fit in there. I don't know much about compatibility between MB's and Cases, does it even matter? Should I just buy any bigger case and it should fit? Or am I in big trouble because its an ACER computer and the MB might not be a "common" form factor?

And on top of that I have another problem, I have a "wireless network" card in there, I think thats what you call it. And its a small size, so if I get a bigger case then it wont fit because of the..... thingy (The silver platting on the card that you screw onto the case) that connects to the back of the case.

Sorry for just pouring all this info onto you guys but I think I'm in some big trouble. I now fear for my future as a PC gamer

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
The Acer Aspire X3810 takes a low-profile graphics card. They are available, though they're generally twice the price of a regular desktop card.