Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Lenovo T60 Power on Password & Error 0271

• Please log in to reply

willmon2000

willmon2000

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
I have a Lenovo T60 and when i try to boot i first get the Error 0271 beeps twice and then i get the power on password prompt. My friend said that it was his dads he never used and now forgot the password. However, he said he had never received the error 0271. I have tried to go to the bios and change the boot sequence but it starts to load the bios but then it boots like normal with error and the power on password. I have tried to boot to UBCD4Win but get nowhere. I would appreciate any help

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Error 0721 on an IBM Lenovo:
http://www-307.ibm.c...ocid=MIGR-42321

0271 Date and time error. Neither the date nor the time is set in the computer. Run BIOS Setup Utility to reset the time and date. Typically press the big blue button when prompted.

Does the laptop keeps forgetting the date and time after you switch it off?

With regards to the password, unfortunately nobody here can help with that.