Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE): Unknown error.

• Please log in to reply

Jaekus

Jaekus

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
I get these errors using Google Chrome. It only started yesterday.
It was really bad until I deleted all cookies and emptied the cache (couldn't even open up my emails) but it seemed to be fixed, well almost.

Now I still sometimes get it coming up and it blocks banners from pages, which doesn't bother me much but it also means some pages won't load at all. I've had a look on the net but nothing I've read seems to fix the problem. I had a lot of registry errors and fixed them using registry mechanic, but nothing seemed to change the problems I'm still encountering (I tried closing and reopening the browser with no change).

Advertisements

Jaekus

Jaekus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
I've reinstalled Chrome, run RegClean, deleted cookies and the cache using the Chrome interface, also manually deleted the cache from the directory "C:\Documents and Setting\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Cache" and it still hasn't made any difference.

Noone has any fix on this? I've searched the Google forums and people have various ideas to fix it but noone appears to have a definitive answer.

Also, yahoo mail is slow to load emails and reports loading errors every single time I visit my inbox, but after the first one the others open very quickly. Any thoughts? I've tried contacting yahoo but their customer care was down at the time. Will try again though...

Edited by Jaekus, 31 January 2010 - 07:05 PM.

Jaekus

Jaekus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
So 275+ views later and noone has a solution? I can't use my netbank or email properly, and have been using Safari at home but here at the work computer it still has the issue... please help!

Jaekus

Jaekus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
50 more views and still no replies? Is this an issue that noone has solved?

owlylulu

owlylulu

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having the same problem on my dad's PC. The problem isn't only with Chrome. I have also tried to use firefox (just loads blank pages) and IE (doesn't conect).
The problem is with all web pages I have tried to load. I doubt the problem is the network concetion as my Laptop is conected to the same network and I'm not haveing any problems!

I have also searched the web and no one seems to know for sure!!

Next Morning: The problem seems to have fixed it self!!

Edited by owlylulu, 27 February 2010 - 06:48 AM.

Jaekus

Jaekus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Well, I'm still getting the problem and sometimes at home, sometimes not. I can't figure out why, it's like it's temperamental or something. I would LOVE a solution or even just an idea as to why this is happening...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sorry for the long wait. We have been very busy. I'm going to suggest a couple of steps for you to try. Please do one and then let me know if it resolves or not. If not then move on to the next. If I don't get back to you in 3 days please send me a message as I may not get back to you quickly.

Go to
Start and then to Run
Type in Chkdsk /r Note the space between k and /
Click Enter ...It will probably ask if you want to do this on the next reboot...click Y
If the window doesn't shutdown on its own then reboot the system manually. On reboot the system will start the chkdsk operation
This one will take longer then chkdsk /f

Note... there are 5 stages...
It may appear to hang at a certain percent for a hour or more or even back up and go over the same area...this is normal...
DO NOT SHUT YOUR COMPUTER DOWN WHILE CHKDSK IS RUNNING OR YOU CAN HAVE SEVERE PROBLEMS
This can take several hours to complete.
When completed it will boot the system back into windows.

Let me know if this fixes the problem

Go Start and then to Run ("Start Search" in Vista),
Type in: sfc /scannow
Click OK (Enter in Vista).
Have Windows CD/DVD handy.
If System File Checker (sfc) finds any errors, it may ask you for the CD/DVD.
If sfc does not find any errors in Windows XP, it will simply quit, without any message.
In Vista you will receive the following message: "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations".

For Vista users ONLY: Navigate to C:\Windows\Logs\CBS folder. You'll see CBS.log file.
Usually, it's pretty big file, so upload it to Flyupload, and post download link.

If you don't have Windows CD....
This applies mostly to Windows XP, since Vista rarely requires use of its DVD while running "sfc"
Note This method will not necessarily work as well, as when using Windows CD, because not always ALL system files are backed up on your hard drive. Also, backed up files may be corrupted as well.

Go Start and then Run
type in regedit and click OK

Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup

You will see various entries Values on the right hand side.

The one we want is called: SourcePath

It probably has an entry pointing to your CD-ROM drive, usually D and that is why it is asking for the XP CD.
All we need to do is change it to: C:
Now, double click the SourcePatch setting and a new box will pop up.
Change the drive letter from your CD drive to your root drive, usually C:
Close Registry Editor.

Now restart your computer and try sfc /scannow again!

Thanks to Broni for the instructions

Jaekus

Jaekus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Ahh, thanks for the reply!

I did as you instructed for the "Chkdsk /r" and after it completed and rebooted it said it was clean. The same problem persists... so I tried the method for "sfc /scannow" fpr XP without the CD (as I inherited the computer as a hand-me-down and never got the WinXP install CD with it) but it kept asking for the CD, even though for some reason my registry key for the SourcePath entry was already set to C:\

Any more suggestions? What if I came across another WinXP CD (home edition), would that work?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Apparently it is finding something wrong that needs to be repaired. At this point you need to borrow a XP cd of the same type you have Home or Pro and then do the sfc /scannow
instructions.

Jaekus

Jaekus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
OK. I managed to get a hold of a WinXP Home CD and ran "sfc /scannow". It came up with the "insert CD..." screen a few times but retry always fixed it (I think my CD drive is having issues as sometimes it won't open - right now is one of those times).

I thought it may have improved this issue as I could actually pay the bill I wanted through netbank, but now it has occurred again... what should I try from here?

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
  • Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

Download Auslogics Defrag from the link in my signature below. Auslogics Defrag in my opinion is better because:
It does a more comprehensive job at Defragging
It will actually show you what it is doing
At the end of working it will show you how much speed you picked up
You can view a online log of the files that Auslogics defragged

Jaekus

Jaekus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Hmmm... my netbank seems to be working better, though I still get the error in banners on my email and it always comes up with a loading error everytime I try to open the first couple emails.

It has improved marginally, netbank is still slow but better, thanks!
Anything more I can do to further improve this?

OpenNoggin

OpenNoggin

• Pip
  • 3 posts
rshaffer61,

Thank you for all your help so far. I've been reading along and following directions up to this point.

I'm still receiving the Error 324 when attempting to load www.facebook.com on all browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, FireFox). This has been happening, for no apparent reason, for a little over twenty four hours.

Do you have any more thoughts?

EDIT: I've been reading about this random error on other forums. Now, thanks to G2G, my computer's been completely wiped of all infections, junk files, spyware and the like. Seeing as I now know my computer is clean, and is not reporting errors.... and since I can access websites like twitter, blogger, etsy and such... the problem must be in my browser(s), right?

Edited by OpenNoggin, 04 March 2010 - 04:16 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I would like to see a event log along with a couple of other logs.

• Please download the Event Viewer Tool by Vino Rosso VEW and save it to your Desktop:
  • Double-click VEW.exe
  • Under 'Select log to query', select (as appropriate):
    • Application
    • System
  • Under 'Select type to list', select (as appropriate):
    • Error
    • Information
    • Warning
Then use the 'Date of events' or 'Number of events' as follows:

Either:
  • Click the radio button for 'Number of events'
    Type 3 in the 1 to 20 box (or any number from 1 to 20)
    Then click the Run button.
    Notepad will open with the output log.

• Click the radio button for 'Date of events'
    In the From: boxes type today's date (presuming the crash happened today) 13 07 2009
    In the To: boxes type today's date (presuming the crash happened today) 13 07 2009
    Then click the Run button.
    Notepad will open with the output log.
Please post the Output log in your next reply

Download WhoCrashed from the link in my signature below
This program checks for any drivers which may have been causing your computer to crash....

Click on the file you just downloaded and run it.
Put a tick in Accept then click on Next
Put a tick in the Don't create a start menu folder then click Next
Put a tick in Create a Desktop Icon then click on Install and make sure there is a tick in Launch Whocrashed before clicking Finish
Click Analyze
It will want to download the Debugger and install it Say Yes
WhoCrashed will create report but you have to scroll down to see it
Copy and paste it into your next reply

Jaekus

Jaekus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
Vino's Event Viewer v01c run on Windows XP in English
Report run at 05/03/2010 5:01:57 PM

Note: All dates below are in the format dd/mm/yyyy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'Application' Log - error Type
Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 05/03/2010 6:23:41 AM
Type: error Category: 0
Event: 1 Source: JavaQuickStarterService
The event description cannot be found.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 05/03/2010 6:08:33 AM

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 04/03/2010 1:15:32 PM

'Application' Log - information Type
Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 05/03/2010 6:24:15 AM
Type: information Category: 0
Event: 0 Source: iPod Service

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 05/03/2010 6:23:51 AM
Event: 1800 Source: SecurityCenter
The Windows Security Center Service has started.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 05/03/2010 6:23:41 AM
Event: 0 Source: MSCamSvc

'Application' Log - warning Type
Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 01/02/2010 10:01:46 AM
Type: warning Category: 1
Event: 1020 Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
Updates to the IIS metabase were aborted because IIS is either not installed or is disabled on this machine. To configure ASP.NET to run in IIS, please install or enable IIS and re-register ASP.NET using aspnet_regiis.exe /i.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 31/01/2010 11:33:55 AM
Type: warning Category: 0
Event: 0 Source: System.ServiceModel.Install 3.0.0.0
Configuration section system.serviceModel.activation already exists in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 31/01/2010 11:33:55 AM
Event: 0 Source: System.ServiceModel.Install 3.0.0.0
Configuration section system.runtime.serialization already exists in C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Config\machine.config.

'System' Log - error Type
Log: 'System' Date/Time: 05/03/2010 6:23:49 AM
Event: 7024 Source: Service Control Manager
The Java Quick Starter service terminated with service-specific error 1 (0x1).

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 05/03/2010 6:23:41 AM
Event: 2000 Source: Srv
The server's call to a system service failed unexpectedly.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 05/03/2010 6:23:41 AM
Event: 2000 Source: Srv
The server's call to a system service failed unexpectedly.

'System' Log - information Type
Log: 'System' Date/Time: 05/03/2010 2:36:00 PM
Event: 7036 Source: Service Control Manager
The Background Intelligent Transfer Service service entered the running state.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 05/03/2010 2:36:00 PM
Event: 7035 Source: Service Control Manager
The Background Intelligent Transfer Service service was successfully sent a start control.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 05/03/2010 2:05:36 PM
Event: 7035 Source: Service Control Manager
The PnkBstrK service was successfully sent a start control.

'System' Log - warning Type
Log: 'System' Date/Time: 27/02/2010 10:49:15 AM
Event: 4226 Source: Tcpip
TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 24/02/2010 1:23:40 AM
Event: 4226 Source: Tcpip
TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

Log: 'System' Date/Time: 21/02/2010 12:03:53 AM
Event: 36 Source: W32Time
The time service has not been able to synchronize the system time for 49152 seconds because none of the time providers has been able to provide a usable time stamp. The system clock is unsynchronized.

===================================================
===================================================

Analysis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

No valid crash dumps have been found on your computer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion

Crash dumps are enabled and no valid crash dumps have been found on your computer. In case your computer does experience sudden reboots it is likely these are caused by malfunctioning hardware, power failure or a thermal issue. To troubleshoot a thermal issue, check the temperature using your BIOS setup program, check for dust in CPU and motherboard fans and if your computer is portable make sure it's located on a hard surface. Otherwise it's suggested you contact the support department of the manufacturer of your system or test your system with a memory test utility for further investigation.