Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please Help! Black Screen worm.win32.netsky

• Please log in to reply

Dudena

Dudena

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Please help! About one week ago my computer was infected by worm.win32.netsky and I tried to download random programs to get rid of it (I googled for help) and now as soon as I turn on the computer there is a black screen saying to put in windows cd drive but I don't have one. Please help!!

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello Dudena.... Welcome to GeeksToGo, :) :) :)

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. We will try to help you resolve this as soon as possible.
Please understand we are all volunteers and we are not here all the time. Sometimes it may be a extended amount of time to get back to you. If it has been more then 3 days please shoot me a PM and I will try to get back to you quickly then.

First we need some info. Make and model of system if brand name.
When you first turn the system on it should have the post screens that give memory and hard drive information. That is called the post screens.
Are you seeing 2 of these black screens one right after the other and then the error message comes up?

Dudena

Dudena

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
thank you for getting back to me! Dell inspiron 6000 windows xp
Right now the black screen is gone and now I am able to log on and I have a bright green screen and a black box warning "your system is infected!" how do I find my memory and hard drive info?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If your notebook is stock with no upgrades then this would be your specs on your system

Dell Inspiron 6000 D Specs:

* 1.6 GHz Intel Pentium M 730 (Sonoma), 533MHz FSB and PCIe x16 chipset
* 15.4 inch WSXGA+ LCD Panel (Samsung)
* 512 MB DDR2 400 MHz ram
* 60 GB Ultra ATA Fujitsu 4200rpm hard drive
* 64 MB ATi Mobility Radeon X300
* Microsoft Windows XP Home
* 24x CD-RW/DVD (Sony)
* Intel 2200 b/g internal wireless card
* 6-cell lithium ion battery
* 4 USB ports
* 1 IEEE 1394 FireWire port
* Secure Digital I/O card slot
* 1 PCMCIA card slot
* 2 front facing speakers
* VGA output
* Optional S-Video and composite video out with adaptor cable
* Audio-out (headphones) and Mic-in
* Integrated 10/100 network Ethernet card
* Internal 56k modem
* 4 year on-site service warranty

Dudena

Dudena

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I did not do anything to the comp since I bought it. I hope to get rid of the virus so it doesn't jeopardize my security and personal info! Please help! This virus doesn't allow me to successfully download anything to get rid of it.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If you are able to get into windows then I suggest you go to the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal Forum and run all the steps located in the
START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own.
If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the reguested logs in THAT forum.
If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line...I am unable to run any malware tools

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here