Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Virus does not let me log into windows

• Please log in to reply

trishh

trishh

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
This morning I got a virus on my dell desktop that has Windows XP. It said something about a worm.win32.netsky virus. Windows kept having popup alerts telling me there's a virus then all of a sudden the desktop changed and the desktop picture itself said I had a virus. There was also a program called Internet Security 2010 that popped up and scanned the computer, or so it seemed to scan. I never had this program or seen it before. I ran super antispyware and it detected a few things and said I had to reboot when done to finish deleting the infections so I clicked okay. Now after rebooting I can't login to windows. When I click on the windows account, it appears as if it logins then the logging in sound plays. Then it would say "logging off" without changing the screen. (sometimes the desktop flashes before it logs off by itself but no taskbar or icons ever appear).
I have no other way to write to you for help than on my iPod touch which I am on right now. If you could help, I would GLADLY appreciate it!
Again, I have a dell desktop with windows xp.

Edited by trishh, 30 January 2010 - 10:32 PM.

Advertisements