Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

RUNDLL problem

• Please log in to reply

cleanprophet

cleanprophet

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
I turned on my computer today to be met with a message from adaware saying it had detected a problem. It scanned the computer and then suggested I restart the computer.

I did that and when I restarted a box appeared called "RUNDLL". Inside it said: Error loading ecrm.goo - the specified module could not be found.

Also, when I hover the mouse over the adaware icon, instead of it showing what it should, it says: Critical areas... - it then features the name of a different folder in the system32 section of program files, including nmnsrvc.exe, lsass.exe and so on.

I've had problems in the past with system32 and I know this looks very bad.

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post an OTListIt log in THAT forum.

cleanprophet

cleanprophet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Thanks. I'll do that. It certainly seems to be a malware problem and it is affecting Firefox more so than IE. The main FireFox page won't display and when I click on some pages in a search engine I am directed to one of those advertising-type search engines.

cleanprophet

cleanprophet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
I've gone through those programs with varrying success.

I'll post the details in the malware section.

Edited by cleanprophet, 31 January 2010 - 11:48 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You need to post those logs in the Malware forum with the new topic you started there. We do not use those logs here. We are also not allowed to give any assistance with the malware issues. Only the malware techs can do that.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• GeekU Moderator
  • 69,964 posts
Got 'im Ron

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thanks my friend :) :)