Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need help with internet connection slowing and dropping every few minu

• Please log in to reply

Bec1234

Bec1234

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I really would appreciate if someone could help me out. for approx. 2 months now, my internet connection has been dropping speed and disconnecting frequently. I have tried restarting the computer and sometimes that will help re-establish the connection, I have tried disabling then enabling the network adapter that works too....but the connection will not stay :) it is very frustrating! I have been trying for days to download AVG free but everytime I tried it would disconnect....finally was able to this morning (whewww). I cannot update my PS3 due to server reset.
I just competed a scan of my whole computer and there are no viruses at all (yay)
I have windows 7 64bit
I have changed wires - thought they maybe went bad - wasn't that
I have bought a new router - went from D-Link WBR-2310 to Linksys Wireless-N Gigabit Router WRT310N...has not changed the situation.
I have contacted my ISP and they assure me that there is no problem on their end.

I am seriously at a loss and don't know what else to do

ETA: In my Local Area connection status it says IPv4: Internet IPv6: No Network Access ....don't know if this has anything to do with anything.

Edited by Bec1234, 31 January 2010 - 01:09 PM.

Advertisements

kalju24

kalju24

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Try disabeling IPv6 windows still havent got it right it sometimes messes up network and may evan freeze 7 had same problems like u but when i diasbled IPv6 then everything OK