Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

No internet access

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
Hey guys,

So I just "upgraded" to Windows 7. I did the upgrade in place, coming from Vista. That is to say, I performed the upgrade without a reformat - there was no backing up of files or settings or anything involved except that which the upgrade CD did automatically.

However, now I don't have Internet and I can't get my monitor settings to change. But this thread is about my Internet problems, so I'll describe those.

The first time I booted into Windows 7, I was able to open firefox and perform one search on google. After that I got some weird access denied dialog or something that I'd never seen before, firefox crashed, and I lost all internet connectivity and haven't been able to get it back.
I'm a computer engineering major, so I've already been through the usual steps - reinstalling my network adapter driver, resetting the connection using ipconfig from the command prompt, checking router ocnnections and such. I've determined it's a problem with my computer - other computers can get connectivity if I just plug the same cable into them.

So, besides resetting the connection and reinstalling the NIC drivers, what else could I do to fix this?

Thanks for any help you can provide