Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows startup error message cannot find siocku.exe

• Please log in to reply

mausie

mausie

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi All
I have researched this file on the web and canot find what it is . I recently had a malaware problem i have cleaned up but since then everytime i start my notebook i get this error message:

Windows cannot find "C\Documents and Settings\Mausie\siocku.exe"
Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for the file , click Start button and then click Search

I have searched for the file and cannot find it . I do not know what the file is I checked for a startup reference in the registry but could not find any reference to this file

I usually close the message and have no further problems until I restart my notebook
any help would be appreciated
thank you
Mausie

Advertisements

cbarnard

cbarnard

• PipPipPip
  • 755 posts
:) :)

It appears you may have a Malware problem...

Please click --> HERE

That guide will help you remove 70% of your problems...

Then please click --> HERE

That is the forum for infections. Please post a NEW TOPIC in that forum.

Please remember to copy and paste the requested logs in your reply. Especially the OTListIt log...

Thank you and good luck :)

mausie

mausie

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you
have done as you requested
regards
Maureen